Special Projects Manager
EduCare Foundation: Our mission is to inspire and empower young people to become responsible citizens, compassionate leaders, and to live their dreams. EduCare staff members are caring educators who understand that every student has the right to reach his or her full potential.
Job Description: A Site Coordinator has responsibility for coordinating after school activities at a public high school. This includes working with school personnel and EduCare Staff to insure a comprehensive and coordinated after school program, that may include homework assistance, enrichment and arts activities, work preparation workshops, leadership development and fitness activities, as determined by the contract with Beyond the Bell Branch of LAUSD.
Hours: Full Time- 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday, occasional weekends.
The Special Projects Manager is a multi-faceted position within the main office of the EduCare Foundation. The Special Projects Manager is the agency liaison for EduCare with other agencies, involved in the planning, implementation, and structure of joint goals and events for high school students. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree, demonstrated history in the field of education, and be tech savvy. Applicants should also have the ability to present to large groups, maintain accurate administrative records, and some event planning history, preferably for high school students.
· Primary administrator of special projects quality control.
· Fully informed on scope of work, objectives, requirements, agency assignments, administration & staff needs for EduCare's special projects or grants.
· Maintain highly effective project management system to suit the varying needs of each project.
· Create and distribute monthly status report for special projects.
· Plan and manage special project events for EduCare and its clients/grantors.
· Ability to work on some Saturdays to manage/participate in events.
· Participate in curriculum development for project content and logistics.
· Management and processing of various administrative duties as required.
· Closely interact with all members of Main Office Staff (President, VPs, HR, Finance, After School Programming), as well as EduCare staff who work at school sites, to create agendas/schedules for program content.
· Excellent leadership skills with an ability to work with a diverse group of people and get work done through others.
· Excellent Project Management and administrative skills (Tracking & follow-through with deadlines, timely response, prioritizing, pre-planning, info/document handling).
· Flexibility in time management and project management prioritizing.
· Ability to switch between big picture and detail oriented work.
· Excellent communication, both oral and written.
· Knowledge of Beyond The Bell (LAUSD’s After School Branch) & EduCare policies & procedures.
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to HR@educarefoundation.com